Friday, February 22, 2008

Sorry It has been so long!

I know I promised to be better at updated the blog and I am sorry. As you know I am going to school fulltime and the last 10 weeks I have had 2 math classes that have required more work out of me than any other class I have taken towards my degree. Anyway, my last math class is coming to an end and I am so thankful. If I never see another quadratic equation it will be too soon.
We have had some major changes over the past month as far as school goes with the boys. After a very much prayed about descision we decided to take Brent and Bradley out of public school. They are both at the same private/homeschool that Miles, Marshall and Madyson, and are doing great. They both read on a 8/9 grade level and are both doing mostly 4 grade work. So they got to skip the rest of 3rd grade and move onto 4th. On many things they tested on higher grade levels but being only 8 1/2 we did not want to put them in the higher levels. It is a self paced program so they can acclerate to advanced levels at their own pace. They have both finished most of their first books and have moved onto their next paces (workbooks).
It is a different experience for all of us but we are adjusting and I am enjoying spending the quality time with all 5 of them. They have a great teacher and they all love her and her school.
With the change I am helping out at the school almost everyday and loving it. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
Today we had a visit to the Fire Station. Brent and Bradley did not get to because they where sick but the three little ones had a blast. Mommy had fun also! I got to wear one of the fireman's hat. I also found out they have citizen's fire academy, I got the information and I really want to do it, so if things work out you might see me climbing the ladder of a ladder truck!! That would be a site considering I am scared to death of heights. But who knows it might make me over come that fear.
So here are some pics from our days activities.

Photobucket

At school this morning planting our seeds for our vegetable garden will we be planting in the Spring.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Madyson and Mommy! So what do you think, Does she look like her mommy? That is what everyone tells me.
Photobucket
Marshall enjoyed geting in the Fire Truck. And who does he look like. Well we like to call him Larry Junior. He is a splitting image of his Pepaw, Andrew's dad.
Photobucket
Miles keep us on our toes. Like always. At one point one of the garage doors starting coming up and we all looked around to see who had opened it. Well it was not Miles or any of the kids. It was just one of the ambulances coming back. That was a huge relief. Can you guess who he looks like? Well he is a splitting image of his daddy. And he acts like him too. Poor Mommy! Just kidding.
Photobucket
Finally, I got to get in the fire truck, and I got to put the helmet on. The kids thought that was funny.
Our next adventure is the post office and in the near future I am going to do a ride along with my friend's husband who is a sheriff deputy. That will be FUN!
And finally our Christmas pic. I know it is almost March and I am just now putting it up. Better late than never!
Photobucket
Back Row: Madyson, Miles, Marshall
Front Row: Bradley, Brent and Charlie
This was Madyson's first dance performance. All the girls where so cute!
Photobucket

2 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

It is about time girly! Glad you posted. Now, I need to do the same thing!

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Oh - should have said that all the pictures were great. Madyson's hair is growing out. It is sure cute!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker